“Department of Research, Documentation & Dissemination undertakes evaluation programmes of in-service courses for teachers at different levels”
Department of Research, Documentation & Dissemination undertakes programmes such as evaluation of in-service courses for teachers at primary, secondary and higher secondary level, headmasters and principals of DIETs. Studies related to evaluation including terminal and internal assess ment, case study of selected schools, evaluation of workshops and programmes related to research methodology and preparation of evaluation reports connected with the programmes conducted by SCERT are also carried out by this department.
Documentation of the major programmes is another major task of the department. The Department also assesses the effectiveness of textbook materials and teaching methods whenever there is a revision in the curriculum and textbooks. It carries out research studies in various aspects of Teacher Education programmes and changes are effected based on the feedback collected.
The main concern of this department is to promote educational research and research based policy perceptives for quality improvement of school education. The department promote and support research in priority areas of school and teacher education.
The department undertakes many research based programmes such as studies related to curriculum and textbooks, teacher education, special education ,educational guidance and counselling ,ICT education , population education , education of children with special needs, education of tribal students and coastal students.
Evaluation of in service courses for teachers and head teachers, studies related to continuous and terminal evaluation, impact of curriculum and learning materials at D.Ed level, impact of the implementation of ICT at school level, studies in the areas of population education and special education are the main programmes carried out by this department. Documentation of the major programmes is another major task of the department. The department also assesses the effectiveness of textbook materials and teaching methods whenever there is a revision in the curriculum and textbooks. It carries out research studies in various aspects of teacher education programmes and changes are effected based on the feedback collected.
Other functions of the Department are:
- Funding research projects carried out by individual researcher affiliated to school education.
- Providing academic support in schools to improve quality education
- Doccumenting the academic excellence (Mikavu) from schools and disseminating the same to reach out the beneficiaries
- Documentation of the major programmes conducted by SCERT
- Preparation of evaluation reports connected to the programmes of SCERT
- Providing feedbacks to the concerned authority based in the research studies to improve or restructure the existing pattern
- Disseminating the information related to educational research in the field of school education
- Conducting seminar for disseminating the research results
- Preparation of Research Journal ‘ Kerala Educational Journal’ (KEJ)
- The major research projects carried out by the department during the year
1) Assessment of the Implementation of Kerala Curriculum 2013 at Primary Level
2) Educational Problems faced by Secondary Students- Base Line Study
3) A Study on the Feasibility of Grace Mark
4) A Study on National Achievement Survey
5) Teacher Education in Kerala- A Status Study
6) Impact Study of Health Education and Life Skill Programmes Conducted In Selected 93 Schools
7) An Intervention in the Scholastic Performance of Tribal Students
8) ‘Thuna’- A Special Research and Intervention Programme for Scholastically Backward Children
9) A Study on the Effectiveness of NuMATS Project
10) ‘Ende Malayalam’-Language Nourishment Project at Secondary Level
11) Study on the Evaluation of Educational Initiatives done by SSA
12) A Study on the Impact of Student Police Cadet (SPC) Project
13) A Study Based on ORC on the Impact Study of Health and Life Skill Education
14) A Status Study on Pre Primary Teacher Training Institutions
15) Academic support to Selected Schools –An Interaction Based Research Study
16) A Project to Enhance Research Aptitude Among School Teachers
17) Documentation and Dissemination of Best Practices in Schools