- NORKA Minister’s Distress Relief Fund for Return Emigrants (REM)
- Extends the following assistances:
- Death compensation – Rs.100, 000/-
- Assistance for treatment of serious medical condition ( Cancer, heart surgery, chronic/serious kidney disease, brain haeomorrage, paralysis, severe disabilities due to various accidents) –Rs.50,000/-
- Treatment of other kind s of disease- Rs.20, 000/-
- Assistance towards marriage related expenses- Rs.15, 000/-
- Artificial limbs, crutches, wheel chair etc., – Rs.10, 000/-
- Applicant’s annual family income shall not exceed Rs. 100,000/-
- Should have been an NRI for a minimum period of 2 years
- Period after return should not have exceeded the period of his working in a foreign country or 10 years, whichever is shorter
- Applicant shall not be employed at the time of applying and availing of assistance
|| Marriage Assistance
||Artificial Limbs, Crutches
||Evidence of the proposed marriage
||Prescriptions of the doctor
||Identity proof of the applicant
||Proof of relationship
||Proof of relationship
2. Chairman Fund
- Corpus of this fund is constituted by the 20% of the income generated from Certificate Attestation
- Provides financial assistance to the deserving NRKs with the approval of the board
- Applicants should have been a NRI or residing outside state at least for 2 years
- The annual family income shall not exceed Rs. 1,00,000/-
- The dependent of the applicant can also apply for the benefit
The applicant should not have availed financial assistance from Santhwana scheme.
Medical bills for treatment benefit
Death certificate in case of death
Copy of the ration card
Specific fund for repatriating the mortal remains of Non- Resident Keralites (outside & states within India)
Granted to legal heirs of NRKs for repatriation by air or rail, in the most economical manner/carrier available in exceptional cases of extreme financial distress, where the NRK concerned or his relative does not have any other source Sanctioned as reimbursement
In the case of death abroad Rs. 50,000/- (maximum) and Rs.10000/- (maximum) in the case of death within India.
NRK should have possessed a valid Indian passport and should have been legally residing / working in the foreign country at the time of death.
In the case of the NRK within India but outside Kerala, he should have moved or stayed in the other states for employment/job related purposes.
- In the case of NRK outside India
- Duly cancelled Indian passport, with visa of the foreign country properly endorsed on the passport, evidencing the date of entry and the date of cancellation.
- Work Permit or other document of the foreign country or countries where he was employed evidencing that he was allowed to be employed there and the duration
- Contract of Employment, Appointment Letter, Employment Certificate and other documents of the foreign employer(s) evidencing the fact of employment and duration
- Death certificate and medical certificates
- Proof of relationship of applicant to the deceased
- Identity Card of the Election Commission and/or other proof of present residence of applicant (if the identity Card of the Election Commission is not furnished, the reasons should be stated)
- Proof of Income in respect of all members of the family of the deceased NRK Legal Heir ship certificate
- Certificate from the Institution/Company/Sponsor where the deceased NRK worked showing that they did not meet expenses of preparation of the dead body for transportation and actual transportation
- Bills showing charge of embalming/coffin preparation.
- Bills showing Mortuary charges if it is claimed.
- Bills showing Hospital charges if it is claimed.
- Bills of charges for transportation.
- Documents confirming that the amount for repatriation was met personally by the applicant
- In the case of NRK outside Kerala, but within India
- Nativity or Birth Certificate or Certificate of Domicile of deceased NRK
Death certificate and other medical certificates Proof of relationship of applicant to the deceased
Identity Card of the Election Commission/any other proof of present residence of the applicant (if the identity Card of the Election Commission is not furnished, the reasons should be stated)
Proof of Income in respect of all members of the family of the deceased NRK
Legal heir ship certificate
Certificate from the Institution/Company/Sponsor where the deceased NRK worked showing that they did not meet expenses of preparation of the dead body for transportation and actual transportation
- Certificate of residence in respect of deceased NRK from the appropriate State Government
- Bills showing charge of embalming/coffin preparation
- Bills showing Mortuary charges if they are claimed
- Bills showing Hospital charges if they are claimed
- Bills of charges for transportation
- Documents confirming that the amount for repatriation was met personally by the applicant.
The legal heirs of the deceased NRK should apply in the prescribed proforma (Application Forms can be downloaded from the website www.norkaroots.net) affixing a passport size Photograph of the applicant and the deceased along with clear and legible self- attested copies of all the documents mentioned above. The applicant is liable to produce the original documents for verification, if so required by the authorities.