The Power department of Kerala Government has kept its promises by generating sufficient energy for the development of the State. Besides achieving total electrification, the Department has been able to give free connection to those being to the weaker sections of the society with the aid of Central Government. And, necessary arrangements have been made to give immediate connection to those who apply for. The state had been suffering from power shortage for a long time. Owing to the introduction of wellplanned projects this insufficiency could be resolved. This could be achieved by introducing new energy production projects. And, special arrangement has been introduced to bring electricity form other states at a less cost. I am proud of making sure that in years to come, Kerala will be free from the bane of load shedding and electricity can be availed at cheaper rates than that of other states.
Feathers in the cap of Power department.
The following projects have been commissioned
- Ranni-Perunad 4 Mega Watt
- Peechi1.5 Mega Watt
- Vilangaadu-7.5Mega Watt
- Chimmini- 2.5 Mega Watt
- Small Hydro electric Policy and solar policy were declared.
- The only one department in Kerala that was bestowed with Service Quality management System(SQMS)as per 15700:2005 is the Electrical Inspectorate.
- Kerala Lifts and Escalators Act that defines the installation, operation and safety of the escalators and Lifts in Kerala came into existence.
The Power department of Kerala Government has kept its promises by generating sufficient energy for the development of the State. Besides achieving total electrification, the Department has been able to give free connection to those being to the weaker sections of the society with the aid of Central Government
The following are newly introduced ones
- 16,13,165 electricity connections
- 13,628.96 k.m L.T line
- 9,635.28 k.m single phase line was changed into 3 phase
- 935 ,12 Transformers
- 24, 34,541 damaged meters were replaced with new ones.
- 2 electrical circles
- 6 electrical divisions
- 54 section offices
- E –Payment facility has been introduced to pay the electricity bill through online since April 2013. Service Charge is excluded from online payment.
- A Call Centre facility, round the clock, was introduced to register complaints. Complaints can be registered by dialing 1912(in Kerala), 0471-255544(outside Kerala).
- Energy Innovation Zone started functioning at Start up Village at Inforpark, Kochi. This is to encourage innovative youngsters to explore new experiments in the field of energy.
- Solar Panels have been installed on 10,000 houses across Kerala to tap Solar energy. This is a big project even in the country itself. Through this project, an additional 8 Mega Watt capacity could be achieved and for this, a National Award was bestowed on.
- Energy management Center, the state designated agency was bestowed with National Energy Conservation Award instituted by Ministry of Power, Central government, from 2012-2015 continuously.
- KSEB was selected as the best company that displayed the best performance among the distribution companies in public and private sectors (DISCOM). KSEB bagged the award from Central Government.
- An agreement was signed on 06.01.2014 with National Hydro Electric Power Corporation for generating 82 Mega Watt Electricity as part of developing the wind power mills at Nalla Singam and Kottathara at Palakkad.
- The first of its kind in India itself, the Floating Solar Plant, has been installed at Banasura Sagar Dam at Wayanad. In the initial stage, the capacity is 10 K.W. The second phase, consists of a floating solar plant having 500 K.W and a 400 K.W Dam Top solar Plant, is in the pipeline.
- An agreement was signed between KSEB Limited and Kallada Non Conventional Energy Promoters Pvt. Ltd for generating 50 MW Solar Power at Padinjare Kallada. This is a Floating Solar Project that will come into being on 300 acre paddy field which is unsuitable for paddy cultivation or any other cultivation.
- A 200 MW Solar Park will come into existence in the district of Kasarkode.Solar Energy Corporation of India co-operates with the project. Initial construction processes have already commenced.
- The construction work of 400 KV line from Chattisgad to Madakkathara at Thrissur through Pokallur in Tamil Nadu is being done by Power Grid Corporation of India (PGCIL), a public sector establishment recognized by Government of India.
- Free electricity for those who are under Life Support system.
- All consumers will be given LED bulbs of watts under the scheme Labha Prabaha Season 3 as part of energy Conservation. Those who consume 40 units per month and a connected load below 1000watss, the LED’s will be given free of cost. For others, they will be distributed on subsidy rates ie only 95 rupees will be charged for an LED with an actual cost of Rs 400.
The best Data Centre for IT services in Kerala belongs to KSEBL.